Shotgun Discussion

Welcome to BamaCarry Forums Firearm Discussions Shotgun Discussion

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bamacarry
    Keymaster

Discuss anything shotgun related.

Billy Denton
    Participant

I am curious as to who uses a shotgun for home defense.
    If you do what kind, make, model, gauge, etc.
    Why did you choose that one? What do you like about it? Dislikes?
    What type of ammo do you load it with?

Al Neri
    Participant

Shockwave 12Ga. It’s short enough to be able to negotiate closed spaces. It makes that shotgun sound when you rack it. It’s at the ready, conveniently positioned, but of course I’ve not used it for the intended purpose.

Billy Denton
    Participant

I love the Shockwave Al. Too much gun for the wife but she has a 20GA tactical with a pistol grip. Light enough for her small frame and loaded with buckshot makes it a real nice HD firearm.

James D Jones
    Participant

I use a Charles Daily (shockwave style) 410 loaded with a self defense load.It’s light and easy to carry and I usually carry it also in my truck when I go out.My reason for this model was a very great deal on it.

Scott Jones
    Participant

I’ve got three to choose from. I have the Mossberg 590 Mariner that I bought first. 8 + 1 shot, loaded with 12ga 00 buckshot. Then I got a Mossberg Shockwave 12 ga. It is also loaded with 00 buckshot. My most recent purchase is a Standard Manufacturing DP-12. It is the 12ga double barrel pump shotgun that holds 16 rounds of 12ga 2 3/4 inch 00 buckshot. It looks like a “bullpup” gun. Looks like it will be pretty intimidating.

Billy Denton
    Participant

Scott,
    I think you have it going your way as far as shotguns go. The DP-12 is enough to get ones attention for sure.

Eddie Fulmer

I think Scott never reloads just grabs another one!! LOL

Mossberg 500A

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© BamaCarry, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Paid for by BamaCarry.
Website Design by High Mountain Media